Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sowing the seeds of war


by John Damellos
I turned my TV on today
A million refugees had stormed the front
they said they wanted to go home
but no one seemed to care
every one was watching Friday night's Debate
so they just had to wait


I read the news today, my friend
Alliance jets protecting oil fields
a thousand miles away from home
and I felt so alone
knowing that we are sowing all these seeds of war against my will
so we are free to kill

I saw the New York Times today,
I read the headlines on the last debate,
A lady hawk had killed a crow.
The blows were far too low
So I just had to go

He said elections would be rigged
and all the scholars suddenly awoke
They 'd heard these ugly words before,
before another war
Nobody was really sure if history repeats itself
The joke's on you, my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment